Friday, April 10, 2009

back to the drawing board....aka the skechbook

Here are some pages directly out of my working sketchbook. I have been working hard on generating ideas to lend to my conceptual process as a support for my design decisions on this project. Concept is very important to me and I feel lost without it.









I have included the entire pages of out of my sketchbook in this post because I want to show how important my sketchbook is to me. While I do also value blogs and the capabilities they hold, I still would not make the trade for that of my sketchbook.
This year as part of my goals I have tried to sketch everyday as well as write more. I feel like, so far, I have been somewhat successful in these tasks. If you click on the images above they will maximize in size enabling you to read the hand sketched notes, ideas, and reminders. While a blog is great for documentation of ideas, I feel the sketchbook is more about the moment's notice, you have it there with you and you document that moment in time..with a sketch or a phrase. No blog can replace that. Not for me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment