Friday, March 27, 2009

a few ideas to implement in the spaces...



These are some of the ideas I came up with initially after looking at some inspirational images and thinking about the needs of the space.

Wrapping


This is a trend Ive seen in architectural exteriors and interiors. I saw this great building in Dwell and it got me thinking about wrapping, contrast, and compliments. I think this application could be introduced into the circulation spaces for dynamic way finding by a way other than signage.

Zones

This is another technique that I have picked up on that I think is really successful in creating a space within a space. Paula Carr showed this technique in her talk and showed how simplistic changes can do a lot. I think this application could be used to show, once again, way finding. Space within a space once again.

Graphical Layers

There are so many different types and sizes of signage. There can be layers that connect and disconnect through line, color, and texture throughout the spaces that lend itself..once again...to way finding.

No comments:

Post a Comment